This year's retail sales for the month of June were +4% higher than last year - but still down (-5%) on June 2019.
- Cough & Cold sales have rebounded in June as common winter viruses have spread.
- Health Supplements sales have trended down throughout 2021 but showed a small increase in June.
- Discretionary spending on Gifts continues to be above last year.
- Skin Care sales are lower than last year which saw a Covid-related increase in retail sales for medicated Skin Care products.
- Pain Relief sales are returning to "normal" as winter ailments increase.
The Canterbury retail pharmacy data is still showing a large -9% drop VS last year due to the impact of discount pharmacies in Christchurch.
Owner-operated pharmacies in the North Island are showing improved retail sales Vs last year.
Click here to view the full monthly report from RPM Retail.